NookColor Factory Mode/Skip Out of Box Experience
(Redirected from NookColor Factory Mode/Skip Out of Box Experiance)
Part of the NookColor portal
On a virgin/factory reset NOOKcolor, there's a "Factory" screen that displays various bits about the device, such as model, serial number, MAC address, public key, etc.
Enable Factory Mode
- After powering on the NC, you should be presented with a still of Kate with a "Play Video" button and a "Skip Video" button below.
- While holding down Volume Up button, tap the lower left of the screen, then the lower right.
- A green "Factory" button appears in the lower left corner. Tap it to get to the Factory screen.
Skip Oobe (Out-of-box Experience)
- While on the Factory screen, tap the lower right corner of the screen while holding Volume Up button.
- A grey "Skip Oobe" button appears. Tap it to completely bypass the video, time zone, Wi-Fi and B&N registration process.
Re-Enable Registration / Perform Factory Reset (<= 1.0.1)
- Ensure the NC is powered completely off (hold power button, select "Power Off Completely," and allow to power down).
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press and hold power button until NC display turns on.
- After 3 seconds, press and hold power button AND home button until recovery menu displays.
- THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR USER DATA, including SETTINGS and WIFI NETWORKS!!
- Press home button twice to delete all data and reset the NC.